Saturday, December 13, 2014

Seared Rosemary Balsamic Strip Steaks

I tried a new recipe today! Rosemary and balsamic vinegar marinated strip steaks with roasted purple potatoes and steamed green beans! Doesn't that make your mouth water! 
Ingredients:
2 New York Strip Steaks, cut into strips
1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
2 springs rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

I let the steaks marinate for about 4 hours. They turned out to be extremely tender and flavorful! Once ready to cook, I used my well seasoned cast iron pan. I let it heat up in the oven (it was preheating for the potatoes), then cooked over high heat. I used some organic grassfed butter in the pan, added the steak strips, and turned on edge once browned. These took less than 10 minutes to cook! Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the final product, as they were so delicious we ate them right away!

Before I started cooking my steaks, I sliced up 4 large organic purple potatoes for roasting. Aren't they gorgeous?

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil to prevent sticking. I then layered the potatoes and generously seasoned and buttered. I love salt, pepper, a mushroom blend seasoning, and some garlic powder. Mmmm! 
Cover the potatoes with foil and roast for 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender! 

I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment